What is Spectra Green Laser?
The Spectra Green Laser (532 nm wavelength) is a deep penetrating laser. It causes minimal to zero pain and is safe and ideal for eye and brow areas.
It penetrates deeper than IPL (which is not a laser, it is a light source) for the removal of sun spots. Most sun spots will respond to IPL, although there are some sun spots that are deeper which require lasers such as Spectra. Green lasers are more effective than IPL in most cases. It is safe for sensitive areas, such as near the eye, or even eye lids, as the 532 nm wavelength does not penetrate beyond the full thickness of the eye lid’s skin.
How will I know it will work for me?
- It is not for the whole face. Treats 2-3 spots per session.
- Sun Spot needs to be at least a half a dime size.
- If IPL did not work for you, Spectra Green Laser should be considered.
- Most of the time it will work after 2 sessions, however, it may take up to 3 or 4 sessions for it to work.
- There will be a scab for 2-4 days after the treatment.
- Post-care includes Neosporin and sunscreen 3 times a day.
- Sun greatly increase formation of PIH. Avoid sun exposure
How can I differentiate Sun Spots from Melasma and PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation)?
• Sun Spots –
- Discrete and have defined borders
- Darker in appearance because it is more superficial
- Mostly circular in shape
Can occur on any part of the face
• Melasma – Brown, flat patches over the cheeks, forehead and upper lips on both sides.
- Bigger than sun spots with borders that are not well defined because it is deeper
- Lighter in color than sun spots because it is deeper
- Mostly patchy
- Mostly around cheek area(s) on both sides, although other parts of the face can be involved.
Sun greatly increase formation of PIH. Avoid sun exposure. You will need “Suppression Therapy”: Daily application of Cosmeceuticals that suppress melanocyte from being activated by heat and sun.
Factors that stimulate melanocytes:
- #1 cause: Sun!
- Dryness and Inflammation
- Pregnancy and hormonal contraceptives
- Hormonal irregularities
- Stress hormones triggered by lack of sleep
- Inflammatory diet such as fast food
Melanocytes suppression therapy topicals:
- Clarity Moisturizer (Safe for long term use)
- Brightening pads ( 0% to 10%)
- 4 in 1 Skin Lightening
- Super Hydrator with Licorice
- Post Spectra brightening gel
- Vit C Pro Collagen Brightening Serum
Consider anti – inflammatory detox diet and good sleep, exercise, and taking anti-oxidants supplements. IV infusion of Liver Detox / anti-aging/skin lightening program is available. Learn more about IV detox here.