What is Spectra Green Laser?
Green Laser (532 nm wavelength) goes deeper than IPL. It causes minimal to zero pain and is safe and ideal for eye and brow areas.
It penetrates deeper than IPL (which is not a laser, it is a light source) for the removal of sun spots. Most sun spots will respond to IPL, although there are some sun spots that are deeper which require lasers such as Spectra. Green lasers are more effective than IPL in most cases. It is safe for sensitive areas, such as near the eye, or even eye lids, as the 532 nm wavelength does not penetrate beyond the full thickness of the eye lid’s skin.
How will I know it will work for me?
How can I differentiate Sun Spots from Melasma and PIH (Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation)?
• Sun Spots –
1. Discrete and have defined borders
2. Darker in appearance because it is more superficial
3. Mostly circular in shape
4. Can occur on any part of the face
• Melasma – Brown, flat patches over the cheeks, forehead and upper lips on both sides.
1. Bigger than sun spots with borders that are not well defined because it is deeper
2. Lighter in color than sun spots because it is deeper
3. Mostly patchy
4. Mostly around cheek area(s) on both sides, although other parts of the face can be involved.
Sun greatly increase formation of PIH. Avoid sun exposure. You will need “Suppression Therapy”: Daily application of Cosmeceuticals that suppress melanocyte from being activated by heat and sun.
Factors that stimulate melanocytes:
Melanocytes suppression therapy topicals:
Consider anti – inflammatory detox diet and good sleep, exercise, and taking anti-oxidants supplements. IV infusion of Liver Detox / anti-aging/skin lightening program is available. Learn more about IV detox here.