At Skin Perfect Brothers, we’ve been treating Melasma for the past 12 years. We use a laser that involves minimal to zero heat source and penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. Since IPL cannot achieve this, the Spectra Laser is the solution for you (ideal for ethnic skin).
There is no peeling of the skin. Unlike other lasers or chemical peel methods, the Spectra laser penetrates deep into the Dermal layer, and shatters the patch of Melasma into dust particles thanks to Shock Wave technology. The lymphatics in the body then removes it by detoxing it out of the body!
Our laser is from Korea and it’s called the Spectra Laser by Lutronic.
- SPECTRA LASER: FDA approved for Melasma.
- PICOSURE LASER: NOT FDA APPROVED for Melasma and may worsen condition
1. Q Switch
2. 1064 Yag
3. 5 Nano Sec Pulse Width
Benefits: Great Result. No Pain! No Down Time! No Peeling! No Redness!
How to differentiate Superficial sunspots/pigmentation (top layer of the Epidermis) from deeper pigmentation Melasma (bottom layer or the Dermis)?
FDA Approved Melasma Tx:
Spectra : Yes
Sun Spots are
1. Discrete and have defined borders
2. Darker in appearance because it is more superficial
3. Mostly circular in shape
4. Can occur on any part of the face
1. Bigger than sun spots but the borders are not well defined because it is deeper
2. It is lighter than sunspots because it is deeper
3. Mostly patchy
4. Mostly around cheek area(s) on both sides, although any parts of the face can be involved.
Sun greatly increase formation of PIH. Avoid sun exposure. You will need “Suppression Therapy”: Daily application of Cosmeceuticals that suppress melanocyte from being activated by heat and sun.
Factors that stimulate melanocytes:
- #1 cause: Sun!
- Dryness and Inflammation
- Pregnancy and hormonal contraceptives
- Hormonal irregularities
- Stress hormones triggered by lack of sleep
- Inflammatory diet such as fast food
Melanocytes suppression therapy topicals:
- Clarity Moisturizer (Safe for long term use)
- Brightening pads ( 0% to 10%)
- 4 in 1 Skin Lightening
- Super Hydrator with Licorice
- Post Spectra brightening gel
- Vit C Pro Collagen Brightening Serum
Consider anti – inflammatory detox diet and good sleep, exercise, and taking anti-oxidants supplements. IV infusion of Liver Detox / anti-aging/skin lightening program is available. Learn more about IV detox here.
Melasma is a CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY condition. Eating an ANTI-INFLAMMATORY diet may reduce the chance of recurrence. Consider IV-skin/lightening detox with Glutathione and Vitamin C. See IV-injections for detail.