At Skin Perfect Brothers, we’ve been treating pigmentation for the past 12 years. Our Spectra laser for Melasma utilizes a minimal heat source and does not involve any peeling of the skin. Unlike other laser or chemical peel methods, this laser penetrates deep into the dermal layer and shatters the patch of Melasma into small, absorbable particles through shockwave technology. These particles are then detoxed from the body through the lymphatic system.
The Spectra laser is made in Korea by the technology company Lutronic and is FDA approved for treatment of melasma, unlike the popular Picosure laser which may worsen the condition of active melasma.
1. Q Switch
2. 1064 Yag
3. 5 Nano Sec Pulse Width
Benefits: Great Result. No Pain! No Down Time! No Peeling! No Redness!
How can I tell Sunspots/ Pigmentation apart from Melasma?
- Sunspots are
1. Discrete and have defined borders
2. Darker in appearance since they more superficial
3. Mostly circular in shape
4. Can occur on any part of the face
- Melasma are
1. Bigger than sunspots, borders not well defined
2. Lighter than sunspots because they are deeper
3. Mostly patchy
4. Mostly around cheek area(s) on both sides, although other parts of the face can be involved
Sunlight greatly increases the formation of hyperpigmentation. In addition to avoiding sun exposure, “Suppression Therapy” – the daily use of cosmeceuticals that suppress the activation of melanocytes in sunlight – is highly effective in combating the symptoms of hyperpigmentation.
Factors that stimulate hyperpigmentation:
- #1 cause: Sun!
- Dryness and Inflammation
- Pregnancy and hormonal contraceptives
- Hormonal irregularities
- Stress hormones triggered by lack of sleep
- Inflammatory diet such as fast food
Hyperpigmentation suppression therapy topicals:
- Clarity Moisturizer (Safe for long term use)
- Brightening pads ( 0% to 10%)
- 4 in 1 Skin Lightening
- Super Hydrator with Licorice
- Post Spectra brightening gel
- Vit C Pro Collagen Brightening Serum
If you suffer from hyperpigmentation, you may want to consider implementing an anti-inflammatory detox diet, getting good sleep, going for some daily exercise, and taking antioxidants supplements. An IV infusion of Liver Detox, Anti-Aging treatments, and Skin Lightening programs are also available at our professional medspa. Learn more about IV detox here or call to book your appointment today.
Melasma is a CHRONIC INFLAMMATORY condition. Eating an ANTI-INFLAMMATORY diet may reduce the chance of recurrence. You may also want to consider an IV skin-lightening detox with Glutathione and Vitamin C. See IV-injections for detail.