Did you ever had someone ask you “why do you look so sad?” or “why do you look angry?” even though you feel great? If yes, you might be suffering from droopy mouth corners. These lines that run downward from the corner of the mouth and along the chin are called marionette lines and can often make you look grumpy and/or unhappy.
What are the causes?
1. Loose skin
2. Pulling down of mouth corner by mouth corner muscles and Neck muscles
Other causes of jowling or droopy mouth corners:
- Loss of volume in the face
- Droopy buccal fat
- Overactivity of the DAO muscle (pull the corners of the mouth down)
The two main treatments we use to treat the marionette lines are the V-line power lift with artistic use of fillers – Click here to learn more – and Botox Neck lift and mouth corner lift – Click here to learn more
1. V-line Power lift. It is a 3 steps process that works much like a face lift: It gently lifts the droopy parts of you face such as the marionette lines making you look younger and more radiant.
- Mid facelift with Radiesse or Juvederm Voluma
- Power facelift with Sculptra
- Power lift with Ultherapy
Learn more about the V-line power lift here.
2. Botox. It may be used to minimize lines around the mouth and relax the DAO muscle. Botox will relax the muscle and reduce the drooping of the corners of your mouth. The neck bands can also be treated which will keep your mouth corners from being pulled down.
If your marionette lines are too pronounced we recommend to use a combination of Botox, fillers and Ultherapy. Otherwise the results might be too subtle.