Pre/Post Treatment Guideline: InstaLift
BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT
Before and after treatment instructions have been discussed with me. The procedure, potential benefits and risks, and alternative treatment options have been explained to my satisfaction.
- If you can, stop using the following supplements/medications (1) week before the procedure to reduce the risk of bruising:
- Fish Oil
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medication
- Allergy or Cold Medication
- Do not drink alcohol 3 days before your procedure
- Stop, or at least minimize your cigarette smoking as a general measure to optimize your results.
- Do not schedule any other facial procedures/treatments in the 3 weeks before and after the procedure. Please inform the Doctor of any such scheduled procedures and he will advise you accordingly.
- If you are taking any medically prescribed medication, let the doctor know immediately as this medication may need to be changed in advance of the procedure.
- Refrain from eating:
- Salmon, Anchovies, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper, Paprika, Turmeric, Peppermint, Wine, Vinegar, Strawberries, Grapes, and other Berries.
- Do not take any medication the day before your procedure without consulting. Doctor will advise you about taking your regular/chronic medication during the periods just before and after the procedure.
- Minimize sun exposure to the area being treated. Ensure that you use a suitable sunscreen if exposed to the sun.
- After treatment, a slight swelling, bruising, or pain may occur. Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularity may appear at the insertion points. These typically disappear a few days after treatment.
- Apply cold packs immediately after procedure if required (should be wrapped to avoid direct contact with skin and insertion points).
- Acetaminophen may be taken in case of pain (2-3 days).
- Refrain from applying make-up for as long as possible. Make-up may be gently applied after a minimum of 24 hours.
- Sleep face-up, elevated on pillows for 3-5 nights.
- Do not rub face aggressively when washing, shaving, and drying face for 5 days; be gentle.
- Avoid excessive neck and facial movements for 2 weeks.
- Avoid participating in high impact sports (example: running) for 2 weeks.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and UV light for 2 weeks.
- Do not use saunas for 3 weeks.
- Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks.
- Avoid facial or face-down massages and facial aesthetic treatments for 4 weeks.
I have informed the doctor of all my known allergies and all medications I am currently taking, including prescriptions, over-the-counter remedies, herbal therapies, antiplatelet or anticoagulation medications. I have been advised about which of these medications I should avoid taking on the days surrounding the procedure.
I understand Skin Perfect Brothers will provide my treatment. Physicians will rely on my documented medical history, as well as other information obtained from me in determining whether to perform this procedure. I have provided and agree to continue to provide accurate and complete information about my medical history and conditions. I herein state that I am not pregnant or nursing.
Local Anesthesia: Although the use of local anesthetics to control pain is a safe, well-established procedure, adverse reactions can occur. These reactions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Low blood pressure (hypotension), Swelling (edema), Redness at injection site, Small red or purple spots on skin, Skin irritation, Constipation, Nausea, Vomiting, Confusion, Dizziness, Headache, Numbness and tingling, Drowsiness, Tremor, Irritation symptoms (topical products); i.e., redness, swelling
Serious side effects of lidocaine include:
Cardiac arrest, Abnormal heartbeat, Methemoglobinemia, Seizures, Severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), Malignant hyperthermia.
The following points have been discussed with me:
- SILHOUETTE INSTALIFT treatment.
- Potential benefits of the proposed procedure.
- Possible alternative procedures such as topicals or surgery.
- Reasonably anticipated consequences if the procedure is not performed.
- Most likely possible complications/risks involved with the proposed procedure and subsequent healing period.