1. If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2-3 weeks in advance.
2. It is recommended to discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E or any other essential fatty acids for at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
3. Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24 48 hours before and after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
4. If you develop a cold/flu, infection, blemish, or rash, etc. in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, we recommend that you please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
5. Skin Perfect Brothers will not perform KybellaTM treatments on Clients with a current or past history of Dysphagia, “trouble swallowing”, currently pregnant or breastfeeding, with the presence of infection at or near the injection sites, or under the age of 18.
6. Skin Perfect Brothers will take careful consideration in performing KybellaTM treatments on Clients with excessive skin laxity, prominent platysmal bands, thyromegaly, cervical lymphadenopathy, pronounced submandibular glands, prior surgery or aesthetic treatment to the treatment area, presence of scar tissue in the treatment area, sunburned or irritated skin, history of use of blood thinners, and current use of blood-thinning agents or anti coagulants.
7. Skin Perfect Brothers will assist and advise in coordinating KybellaTM treatments when being treated with other aesthetic services to provide optimal results and efficacy of concurrent treatments.
1. Do NOT touch, press, rub, massage, or manipulate the treatment area right after the procedure. However, post 1 week of treatment, mildly massage the region as tolerated is ok.
2. Normal occurrences after the Kybella injection include: Bruising, swelling, tenderness, numbness, and tingling. Region treated may appear uneven and feel “lumpy” during the recovery process.
3. Ice the treated areas for the next 24 hours. Place the ice pack on the area for 20 minutes and remove the ice pack for 20 minutes. Continue this pattern for 24 hours.
NOTE: Never apply ice directly to the skin. Apply through a cloth.
4. Apply (over the counter) Arnica gel to the treatment area to help decrease the bruising, swelling, and discomfort.
5. Take (over the counter) acetaminophen and/or pain reliever if needed to decrease post-treatment discomfort.
6. Sleep on your back and with your head elevated for the next 3-5 days after treatment.
7. Drink plenty of water and fluids after treatment.
8. Avoid vigorous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for 3-5 days after treatment.
9. Avoid Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
10.Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes 24 48 hours after your treatment. These items may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
11.Avoid cosmetic treatments such as injectables, laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion to the Kybella TM treatment area. Skin Perfect Brothers can assist and advise in coordinating specific treatment timing with other concurrent aesthetic services.
12. Please report to your Medical Professional immediately if you develop an asymmetric smile or facial muscle weakness, skin ulceration in the treatment area, difficulty swallowing, or if any existing symptom worsens.