Micropen creates a series of predictable, controlled epidermal and dermal micro-injuries, thereby stimulating the body’s immune response to produce new collagen and elastin.
1. Stop all irritating products such as acids, retinas, peels, or any exfoliation devices for 3 days before.
2. Apply light, oil free moisturizers such as the PerfectionsMD Super Hydrator Serum 3-5 times a day for 1 week before treatment for the best outcome.
What To Expect:
● The treated area may be red for 3-7 days and may peel, depending on the depth of microneedling performed (darker skin tones should avoid deep microneedling treatments)
● The treated area may feel “tight” for a few hours after treatment
● You may see pinpoint bleeding immediately after treatment
● In rare cases, some have experienced temporary break outs of acne or inflammation in the treated area which subside within one week.
1. Avoid sun for the next two weeks. Use the Korean sun visor available at our clinic or an umbrella when being exposed to sunlight.
2. If not acne prone, use a light, oil free sunscreen immediately after treatment. If acne prone, skip sunscreen for 2 days after treatment before restarting.
3. Apply light, oil free moisturizers such as the PerfectionsMD Super Hydrator Serum or PerfectionsMD Aloe Moisturizer 3-5 times a day for 1 week after treatment to promote quicker healing of the treated area. Cetaphil, Neutrogena, and Cerave are also acceptable over-the-counter alternatives.
4. Do not apply makeup to treated area for 3 days following treatment.
5. Drink plenty of water to keep skin hydrated from the inside. This promotes quicker recovery of the treated area.
6. Follow any other specific instructions from your treatment provider, as they will have unique insight into your specific skincare needs.